Saturday 15 December 2012

Lesson 4: it WILL get EASIER!


Howday!

Today is officially one year from the day when my world stopped (my introductory blog post explains why, how, what and where!)   Well, I thought it had stopped. But one year has passed, and despite the tears, pain, constant hurt, anger and shock.... I am still standing! The persistent feeling of emptiness that I thought would never go away has faded, and the smiles and laughter that I thought I lost for ever, returned with a vengeance!! I am LOL'ING all over the joint mate! :)

On this day a year ago, I couldn't see how I could live or go on without him, or what in fact would happen to our future. But I am still breathing, and my future is 100% in Gods hands. It is the danger of making man your all and everything, when they disappoint you, your whole foundation crumbles as it was founded on them and NOT on God.

It has taken LOTS of prayers, a whole load of soul searching, time alone, encouragement and words of wisdom from AMAZING friends and a lot of crying, but to God be the glory, I have made it this far.

I am still healing, I am still learning, but I know now that God has a much better plan for me and I am ready to move in accordance to His will and not my own.

Whatever hurt you are feeling right now, just know that it is temporary. I am sure people have reeled of numerous clichés to you, such as; 'time is a healer' etc, but trust me, it truly is. Things will get better, and after a while you will realise that your heart does not hurt as much as it used to, and you will find yourself laughing and smiling more and the empty feeling you feel now will eventually disappear.

Be patient. 

Please do not rush your healing process, please do not shut away your pain. Pour it out to God! Also, you could try starting a journal where you express how you are feeling, or even writing a poem or if you are musical, write a song!! Release the emotion, please do not store it away! I'll be praying for yall :)

It is well.

Ife Okan


To you, 
If you ever happen to read this just know that I have forgiven you, and I wish you all the best.  

xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment